Monday, December 7, 2009

Sneak Peek at the new Rodarte collection for Target




You know, I truly believe that fashion is wherever you find it. Sure, it would be great to walk into DVF or Chanel and walk out with an armful of shopping bags, but for most of us, that just isn’t attainable. I had to learn this painful lesson firsthand when I was the smallest girl in my grade in middle school and was forced to shop in the kids section (gasp!) Trust, they do not make dress up shoes for little girls without patent leather and bows- thus my adolescent scars! And don’t even talk to me about pants- been hemming all my life thanks to my 5’ 2” stumps that I suffer painstaking Pilates classes to give the effect of lengnth- thank you StitchWitch!

Anyway, finding great steals, shopping sample sales, heck, even raiding the thrift stores are all acceptable, and BONUS, don’t cost an arm and a leg. That’s why I am SUPER excited about all the new designer collections at the suburban style mecca, Target! The Luella Bartley collection that came out last year was only the beginning. Followed by Alexander McQueen, Proenza Schouler and my girl, Erin Fetherston collaborated with the retailer to bring wearable couture to the general public.

So imagine how PUMPED I am for Rodarte at Target next week! Rodarte is totally unique from their color combinations to their ethereal aesthetic- remember when Reese Witherspoon wore that totally amazing futuristic sheath to the screening of that alien kid’s movie? Such a risk for her (she’s so classic- I always think of navy when I think of her), yet so wearable- she looked tough and delicate at the same time. I’m dying over the little sheaths with futuristic detail. And thigh-high cream boots? YES, PLEASE!

Other excitement coming down the pike? I hear John Paul Gaultier is also in the queue for an upcoming Target collection.

What other resources do you guys tap to develop a hot wardrobe on a limited budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment